This isn’t an emergency or a desperate cry for help, so if there is someone else on Tumblr who needs help, by all means go to them!
But if you like the stuff I draw and/or are interested in helping with funding for AC then I would appreciate it if you could take a look at this post.
Anyway, I have a personal project (linked above) which needs funding to start. I’m hoping, though I can’t be sure, to turn it into a source of income eventually, so it’s pretty important to me. I’m tentatively opening commissions to see if I can at least get a bit in terms of funding. I would like to at least be able to pay our writers, but it’s quite a bit of money. Tentatively I would like to take enough commissions to make a portion of the total - $270.
Prices depend on what you want. I included some examples of what I’m able to offer at the moment in the photoset above. All prices are in USD.
Headshot: $5 for a messy sketch, $8 for a cleaner one. $12-$15 inked. $20-$30 full color. 700x700 pixels max.
3/5 Body Shot: $10 for a messy sketch, $16 for a cleaner one. $25-$35 inked. $40-$50 full color. 850x850 pixels max.
Full Body Shot: $15 for a messy sketch, $22-$30 for a cleaner one. $35-$45 inked. $55-$70 full color. 1100x1100 pixels max.
Chibi: $30 full color. 600x600 pixels max. Can also be in this style.
Actual price quotes may vary depending on the level of detail on the character. Chibis have a flat rate. I can add simple messy coloring on sketches for free.
Prices are for a single character. I don’t give discounts for additional characters.
I am not offering backgrounds, though flat colors and outlines like in some of the images above are fine.
Will & Won’t Do
I can do fanart, but I can’t sell Homestuck fanart because Andrew Hussie does not allow this. I can do OCs and gijinka also. I can’t do animals or fursonas, though I can draw animal/monster appendages on humanoid characters. I will do NSFW, but I won’t do porn (vanilla sex is ok) and I won’t draw genitals (boobs are ok).
Anything I draw is released under this license meaning do whatever you want with it other than sell it, don’t claim you drew it, and redistribute it under the same license.
I can only take payment via PayPal and only in U.S. Dollars. My ask box is open to discuss a proper price quote based on what you need.
I take payment in advance, but only once I’m ready to start working on your piece. I’m not sure how to send PayPal invoices but I can try if you prefer one. Otherwise I will let you know when I’m good to go.
Full refunds are only available if I haven’t started on your piece yet. If I have, I will refund only the amount that would cover what isn’t finished (e.g. if I’ve already cleaned up the sketch in a $30 headshot you get refunded $22 and get the clean sketch).
- Please send me an ask or contact me by e-mail over at velthomer[at]gmail if you’d like something to get a proper price quote and/or an estimate for when I’ll be available to work on your piece. It’s OK if you don’t have cash on hand yet, we can discuss in advance then wait for you to get the money.
- Unless I’m busy with something, I work fast. Everything above took me less than a day to finish. I tend to be pickier with commissions so those may take around 2 days depending on complexity. Sketches could be finished in minutes.
- I will always send in a rough sketch for approval. You can request changes during this stage. I can still make changes on cleaner sketches, but once you’ve given me the OK to ink (if you got an inked or full color piece, that is) I will no longer change anything in the piece without an extra fee (which will vary depending on the changes you need).
- If I’m drawing an original character, please provide a reference or a physical description as thorough as you want my drawing to be.
- I tend to work well under “creative liberty” (aka without too many instructions) but that doesn’t mean you have to let me do as I please.
Now, I know it’ll seem pricy to some, especially with no discounts for additional characters. This is because I can only take payment by PayPal. My account is Brazilian which means I pay higher fees than most people by default. It also has something called a “rolling reserve”, which means PayPal keeps 10% of everything I receive for 4 months. Long story cut short I’m actually being paid anywhere between 85% and 60% of what I’m receiving (the cheaper something is the higher the fees I pay). If I lower prices I’d probably have to take too many commissions to get enough funds, and I need to work on my project and my website as well.
Any kind of support and signal boosting is greatly appreciated. I’m really in need of a source of income, and I would like to make a prototype happen by July, even if I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to pay the writers in full by then.
Thank you in advance for any help!